Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 231: (Week 33) A Nice Surprise

318.0 pounds; -1 pound this week; 31 pounds lost total

As if by magic, here the Lord blesses us with a nice surprise. Andrew went in to work this morning and wouldn't you know...in his email was an offer from our Realtor.

After a few counter-offers we came to a deal. Our Realtor came by the house tonight and at 6:15pm we entered into the agreement, our home c/s, and waiting for conditions to be lifted in 9 days on February 10th! The only conditions were standard--buyer financing and passing the home inspection. Sometime this week, the house has to stay in perfect condition for the home inspection and after the 10th, we go to our builder and sign a change of possession. Our new house is basically ready already. When we sign the change, we'll be moving in a little over 3 weeks on February 26th.
From start to conditional finish, our sale took 3.5 days. FAST! We've been worried about selling as we must take possession of our new house by April 29th, but having everything fall into place puts us in our new home 2 months earlier than we expected--just in time to celebrate Andrew's birthday, and have many hockey play-off BBQ's.

One thing I can say for sure about selling a house is if you want it to sell fast, it doesn't have to be the cheapest property on the block. Out of 3 homes on our street, we were in the middle--not cheapest, not most expensive. I'm certain what sold us was the fact that we were the best house on the block. I'm patting myself on the back a little here, but our house is move-in ready. It was staged beautifully and made the buyers feel that they can just come in and live without having to change so many things to make it comfortable. This was the market we were aiming for, this is the market that bought. We made enough money to be satisfied with accepting the offer, and I believe all will be happy with everyone's decisions. So if you want to sell fast, sell AT market, and make sure your home feels move in ready. This is how we sold in 3.5 days. Be willing and ready to accept a little less than you listed for, as everyone tries to get the best deal and it's pretty standard. Oh, and pray A LOT. Have faith, the Lord is on your side.

We've been so blessed throughout this whole process. Yes, we've had many days without the gym, almost every night of fast food, but we're making good decisions along the way and working our tails off getting this house ready. It's all about balance. I've come to terms with not being able to make it to the gym and that painting and cleaning is workout enough. Hey, I even lost a pound this week just working hard on the house. I can't complain. Life happens and you need to be flexible. Selling our house gave me a crash course in this lesson.

I did make it to the gym anyway today, as I went I had no idea we had the offer yet. I came home and got the good news from Andrew. You just fit the good things in to your life, making it your lifestyle. It can be done no matter what obstacles get in the way. Believe me, this has been one of the most stressful times in my life. I'm still managing to change my body. This gives me so much personal strength. Life is good. What a nice surprise.

-Meals
1 chicken taco
1 cup skim milk

3 cups water

2 pieces sourdough toast
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 orange
2 cups of water

6 cheese puffs
2 cups of water

4 slices frozen pizza
2 cups of water

-Exercise
60 minute step and pump class

-Notes
Like I said, eating has been mostly fast food, or convenience foods. I had a good talk with my personal trainer about better choices out, eating just the chicken and veg in a chicken burger, eating a salad with just a little dressing, etc. I am not perfect and have been eating crap, but at least it's not a LOT of crap right? I guess no, but it is what it is. I'm not the perfect example of health. I'm a darn good example of being self-aware and trying though. I can't beat myself up over that now can I? I will try better this week though. I'm craving real vegetables!

No comments:

Post a Comment