Monday, February 1, 2010

Day 227-Day 230: Busy

These days have been filled with busyness. I fell under the weather a day or two before and so that was hampering all our progress on the house. We signed with the Realtor last Saturday and hadn't formally put the house on the market because we still needed to paint a few doors and clean out the basement so you could at least walk in it. After mornings of going back to bed after taking Andrew to the train, I would get up enough strength to paint one door or to pack one box. I'm not sure what struck me--maybe my immune system was just fed up with the late nights, early mornings, and constant stress companion. It just gave up. I finally started feeling better a few days later and was able to finish the house. We finally called our Realtor and told him no matter what, list us Friday, fully knowing that someone might come for a showing at any time and we had to be ready.

Friday morning came around and I was up early. Outside I heard a truck stop by our house, and sure enough 7am, our for sale sign was posted.

We had one showing Saturday afternoon, and one Sunday evening. Each day I spent 2 hours cleaning the house top to bottom, even when it didn't need it, I still dusted off any particle that might be seen edge-ways. I made sure to wipe the condensation off the windows, and mark perfect vacuum lines on the still new carpet.

No offers came in after the showings, but then again what was I expecting? A miracle offer immediately after the showing? I had to be realistic and at least wait for them to sleep on it. After spending the hour during Sunday's showing at the dog park in -10 Celsius weather, I was ready to be home, warmed up with hot chocolate, and have an end to the showings for the weekend. It's been stressfully busy, but we survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment