Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 207: Tegan and Sara

I exchanged gifts with one of my very best friends this Christmas. She has given past gifts of tickets to things like Zoo Lights and Vertigo Mystery Theatre. I joked with her that she keeps Andrew and me busy with dates all year. But she knows me and the things I like to do, and receiving these gifts make me feel so special, like she really took time to think of me. I love that about her--so thoughtful! This Christmas she went above and beyond and surprised us with concert tickets to see one of my favourite bands, Tegan and Sara. It was a fun night getting a bit dressed up to go to a concert. Parking was easy and not far away, and getting settled in our seats was a breeze. We got seats right on the aisle, so I was even excited to not have to bump my fat elbows with all the skinny people. Funny though, each pound I lose, I fit in auditorium seats better. I'm almost comfortable, and soon, others sitting next to me might be as well.

We had an excellent night, full of good music, and like Aly warned me, their on-stage banter was hilarious (they are 29 year old twin lesbian musicians). It was a really fun night! They played a lot of songs off their new album that I just got for Christmas, so I got an entire week to drown myself and learn the new album, and surprisingly, I recognized and could sing along to some of it! We also got a good handful of their older stuff--Tegan and Sara classics--which was awesome. We got home quite late and pretty much went straight to bed. It was a very memorable date, and again, a fun time had because of a generous friend who we can't thank enough!

-e

-Meals
chicken burger (l/o)
sweet potato fries (l/o)
1/2 piece German chocolate cheesecake (l/o)
2 cups of water

3 oz parsley and green onion goat cheese stuffed marinated chicken (yum!)
1/2 cup brown rice
1 cup asparagus
3 cups of water

1 cup Starbucks hot cocoa mix with water

-Exercise
60 minutes Hatha yoga

-Notes
I skipped breakfast by pure necessity and not desire. I just got swamped fitting in everything before our date that lunch came quickly after a busy morning, and then dinner wasn't even thought of until it was time for dinner. I know, bad on me. :( Always eat a healthy breakfast!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment