Monday, October 5, 2009

Day 110

We spent the better part of the day cleaning this messy house--what's been piling around the renovations. Andrew's been putting in our kitchen floor for awhile now, but it's finally done and it looks amazing! I'm very happy with the results! My poor husband was on his knees for 4 hours which resulted in a numb side of the leg, but to have it finally finished is a weight off both of our shoulders (and worth it a little bit?--I'll have to check with him on that one).

Andrew's parents were visiting SIL and BIL, actually more accurately they were probably just there to visit their grandchild :), so on their way back to their house they asked to stop in and visit with us. The games was on so we thought, perfect--BBQ and Andrew could watch the game with his dad, which he loves to do so much. The rib dinner was fantastic if I do say so myself. Earlier in the day in preparing the meals, Andrew and I made Nire's chocolate chip cookies together. That was fun because Andrew was the one who actually did all the mixing of ingredients and all I did was put them on the parchment paper and tossed them in the oven. It was so cute to see my hubby taking an interest and helping me out baking cookies! He totally touches my heart in the smallest little acts and he doesn't even know it. The night ended beautifully, and I couldn't believe my eyes as we all started cheering as our Flames won in the last minute after Khabibulin (the Oiler's goalie) handed it to us on a silver platter. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=us8XC-Nfm14 I feel sorry for the poor guy, but it sealed a victory for us and continued a great start for the season.

Oh and I have to say to Nire, Andrew and I agree that they are the best chocolate chip cookies in the world.

Meals
1 A&W cream soda

4 cups of water

7 honey garlic bonanza back ribs
1/2 cup mashed potatoes with 1 tbsp herb & spice cream cheese
1/2 cup corn
1/4 cup imitation crab cocktail
6 homemade chocolate chip cookies
4 cups of water

Exercise
None

Notes:
-Yeah, with food today I kept planning on eating but then had to do this one thing first which translated into me not eating all day until all was done and we sat down to dinner. Ugh

No comments:

Post a Comment