Monday, September 28, 2009

Day 104

Well here's the deal with Sundays. In my church we're taught to keep the Sabbath holy by using this day for worship and rest, and pretty much that's it. We're counselled, not commanded, to not work or study, not watch TV or play sports, not go to parties or shop or spend money, etc. We're counselled to engage in wholesome activities that involve family time, reading the scriptures, writing letters to loved ones, etc. I believe in this council. I think it's good for the spirit.

'But I've had to break the Sabbath many times--my CPR course was only taught on a Sunday at one point, my study group could only meet on a Sunday sometimes, we were out of water or medicine and we needed water or medicine on a Sunday before because we've fallen very sick. Every time we travel on a Sunday, there's most definitely a stop at a gas station. Even with all of this, I try really hard to not do anything else that breaks the Sabbath further. But I also realize that life happens and the world doesn't revolve around my religious beliefs. So sometimes the Sabbath gets broken. I don't ever think it's for something not worth it though. If it's something to help you in your life (a bit of exercise), or required of you (the job of a nurse or a paramedic), I think there's room for exception because we're all trying to do good. Trying. I think what's most important is that Heavenly Father knows the intentions of your heart. He gives us the free agency to do as we think we should. I'm only saying this because I know I will be judged by some here on earth, but I'm okay with that. I know I'm trying my best and my personal relationship with my Heavenly Father is all that matters. That said...

My gym has this new class using TRX suspension training. http://www.fitnessanywhere.com/ The class is only being taught on Sundays and Wednesdays. This is a special class that costs $60 and it's only 4 weeks. Aly and I wanted to go together but she works all the Wednesdays. I made the decision in order to go with Aly to this class, take the Sundays with her, making myself miss church for the the next 4 weeks. I'm okay with my decision, otherwise I wouldn't have done it. It's 45 minutes away from my family in order to make me a better person, which will future enable me to take care of my family. I think that's worth it.

So this TRX system, you've got a vinyl cord hanging from the ceiling and you're using your own body weight as resistance. On top of that, you're doing every exercise as fast as you can, with cardio in between. It was a kick butt workout the entire 45 minutes! I LOVED it!! The cord is only 2 pounds, so there's like no equipment and you get a full body workout. It's amazing!

Thank goodness I went too. This morning Andrew and I made a little breakfast we trying while on vacation--banana and nutella pancakes with whipped cream--oh the calories, but oh the yum!

Meals
3 buttermilk pancakes
1/4 cup nutella
3 tsp becel margarine
1/2 banana
1 cup canned whipped cream
2 cups of water

chicken, potato, corn TV dinner
1/2 eclair (l/o)
2 cups of water

1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice (approx 2.5 oranges)


2 hamburger buns
2-3oz hamburger patties
approx 3 oz Monterrey jack cheese
2 tbsp BBQ sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
4 pickle slices
1 tomato
1 cup spinach
5 sour cream Pringles
4 cups of water

1 Oreo cookie ice cream sandwich

Exercise
45 minutes TRX

Notes:
-We had these pancakes in La Jolla. So decadent. So delicious. So affordable made at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment