Monday, August 3, 2009

Day 47

We're getting ready to put in a vinyl tile floor in the kitchen. No, it's not very fancy, but it will really make a difference compared to the pulled up, filthy, ripped in places, nasty linoleum that we have now. I bet that stuff has been here since the house was built, and somebody forgot to clean it the 19 years before we moved in. We've been in a state of renovation since we signed the mortgage contract, and have never had baseboards in the living room (although that was the one and only room we finished otherwise because we just could not live in sky blue room with a wolf head boarder glaring back at us). Every other room has brightly coloured walls and an untarnished wallpaper boarder along the top which I seriously hope was not put in as a selling feature. We're planning to scrape it all down and put a neutral colour throughout the entire house. No bells and whistles, just clean and pristine. Our little home is only a touch bigger than 1,000 square feet, but for us who aren't exactly handymen of the year, it's going to be a huge project. Mix that with our equal contributions of procrastination and you get what God probably thought when He was contemplating the First Day.

Battling 30 degree weather (that's 93 degrees, California--see it does get hot sometimes) this afternoon getting the tiles and running other errands drained us, so we had an easy BBQ for dinner, took B for a nice long play at the dog park, and cuddled up under blankets in air conditioned wonderfulness for a movie at home without having done any real work. Those are good, lazy days.

Meals
Fibre Plus chocolate and peanut butter bar
1 apple
3 cups of water

4 pieces of honey wheat and oats bread
3/4 can of tuna
3/4 tbsp mayo
1/4 cup of onion and pickles
1 cup of spinach
1 1/2 tomatoes
1/2 avocado
2 cups of water

1 regular sized Wendy's frosty
3 cups of water

2 whole grain hamburger buns
2 hamburger patties (approx 6 oz total)
1/3 cup shredded cheese
3 tbsp ketchup
1 1/2 cups of spinach
1 tomato
4 pickles slices
4 cups of water

Exercise
55 minutes interval hill treadmill
25 minute lower body machines and abs
10 minutes stretching

Notes:
-I'm just going to comment on my Wendy's Frosty--with the heat that day, it was medically necessary.
-Today was a day that I wanted to cancel going to the gym because it meant waking up early on a Saturday but I'm so glad I went! I have awesome friends that keep gym commitments with me and that has had a huge impact on my motivation to go. It's very difficult to go on your own when you're starting out and I give major props to those doing it all on their own. This is yet another reason why dieters probably fail--lack of encouragement and motivation. My friends have been my crutch and as I said before, I'm weening away from that need, but I'm still not quite walking on two feet. It's also so much more fun to have a friend to go with anyway. 55 minutes of boring cardio is actually 55 minutes of girl talk. What woman doesn't love and need that?

No comments:

Post a Comment