Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day 15

I'm exhausted. This week I've been getting up to get the gym at 9am instead of going around 4pm and I'm just dragging! I'm not used to 'get up an go' right now and so it's knocking me around. I didn't nap today like I wanted, but maybe I should have. 'And because Andrew's not at work tomorrow, today was like a Friday...another late night. Must zzzzzzzzzzzz...

Meals
1 bowl of Raisin and Spice instant oatmeal
1 cup of milk
1 banana

3 cups of water

2 sub buns
4 oz black forest ham
4 tsp Dijon mustard
2 cups of spinach, pickles, tomato
2 slices Swiss cheese
2 cups of water

2 graham crackers
2 cups of water

2.5 cups of taco salad (ground turkey, kidney beans, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, 2 tbsp Olive oil Italian dressing)
1/2 avocado
17 (1/2 serving) multi-grain tortilla bites
2 cups of water

1/2 cup of water

Exercise
40 minutes interval hill treadmill
7 minutes bicycle
30 minutes upper body machines and free weights
20 minutes stretching

Notes:
-I was SO hungry after the gym, hence my TWO sandwiches for lunch...hehe.
-The bottom of my foot (with the sprained ankle) was giving me problems and I was tired and didn't work to my full potential during my cardio, even though I put in the time. Yes I was sweating buckets, but for the last 10 minutes of the 40, I was just strolling. I decided to try the bike, thinking that it would relieve some of the pain, but it didn't. I had to stop 13 minutes short of my 1 hour target. I think the pain is related to using the different muscles and working this foot that has been babied for over 2 months now. I'm sure it's all going to take time to feel better. It's just kind of odd that I haven't felt this pain until yesterday, and badly today. It could be that I'm wrapping my ankle now instead of wearing the brace so the support has shifted; who knows.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm just so proud of you Erica! For some reason I couldn't go to sleep last night and I was thinking about you and all this stuff. I was just so amazed at your honesty. There isn't another blog like it and I love that.
    --Ernie B. <--get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get it? Ernie BBBBBBBBBBBBB

    Awe, frennie you're so wonderful! Thanks for your support. :) I'm sorry I keep you up at night unable to sleep! lol It's amazing how this is working! This is the epitome of my new lifestyle. I guess this is why lots of diets tell you to have a food diary. It helps me keep track of everything and have 100% accountablity. Then I look back, and I'm like, 'well then, hamburgers everyday for the last week--that's healthy.' 'And then I might be able to do something about it. It's also shown me how stupidly ridiculously I would underestimate my food intake and overestimate my activity. I'm so glad I started this even though now everyone I know knows I weigh over 300 pounds---not even scary anymore. You just fix it.

    Tell Heffay Happy Birthday from us, eh!

    ReplyDelete