Saturday, June 20, 2009

Day 4

I have to make this quick because I am sooo tired! We had a wonderful evening at our friend's house this evening. They made dinner for us and I was asked to bring potato salad. We played Scattergories, Buzz Word, Bomberman on the Wii, and Sing Star Abba and 90's on PS2. It was so much fun! All three couples are from our ward and we've gotten together at separate times with both couples, and love that we're getting to know them better. Andrew and I usually stay to ourselves as far as the friend making goes because we're both a bit introverted, but get me on the Sing Star mic and the extrovert shines through! Both couples are amazing people and we hope to get to know them better as time goes on. :) It feels great knowing there are people out there that are truly kind and want to be around you; and make you feel at ease in their presence. 'Wonderful night, fond memories!

As far as working out I didn't make it to the gym. This is not a bad thing though. My goals were to improve and to do intentional exercise. I changed it up today because I had to fit my workout in to a very busy day. So from this afternoon's activities (meeting up with my SIL and nephew which is always enjoyable) and errands, I finally got home at 4:30pm, had to make the potato salad, spend time with Baron, and fit in an exercise & clean up before 6:30pm when we had to start making our way to dinner. My neurotic self wanted another 2 hour gym session like I had been doing the last 3 days but that was physically impossible. I ended up popping in Slim in 6 and worked out 49 minutes, skipping past the lunge work because my ankle's not having any of that yet. So not as much as I wanted, but I'd say pretty darn good for fitting it in last minute. My perfectionist side is saying that wasn't enough, but my new life side is saying it's better than nothing so be grateful for the opportunity. I am.

Meals
2 slices of watermelon (2 servings)
1 bowl Honey Nut Cheerios
1 cup of skim milk
2 cups of water

1/2 cup whole wheat pasta (l/o spaghetti)
4 oz meatballs
1/4 jar of Ragu
2 cups of water

2 cups of spinach, tomato, cucumber salad
2 tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
3 cups of water

1 cup of water during workout

1 white bun
approx 3-4 oz BBQ beef
1 cup of mixed lettuce greens
2 tsp balsamic vinegar dressing
3/4 cup of potato salad (approx 5 small red potatoes & 3 tbsp of mayo--most relevant ingredients)
1 cup of water

+1 cup of virgin Pina Colada slush

Exercise
49 minutes Slim in 6

Notes:
-Food was great today as far as getting enough of each of the food groups; maybe I could have used one more dairy. I have to give myself props for turning down apple pie AND vanilla ice cream although I'm not going to lie, seeing some people eat it made me a bit jealous, but I felt like I didn't want it badly, so I didn't want it at all. I felt badly for eating the potato salad with all the mayo, so it was a nice compromise. I love that potato salad.
-I've already explained how I felt about my exercise. Wish I could have done more, but am okay with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment