Thursday, June 18, 2009

Day 3

Day 3!!! So I didn't just get really excited and go all out for a couple days, and stop when it got hard (already). I did my upper body workout on Day 1 and I've had the 48 hours recovery time and I'm so sore and TIRED that I just want to sleeeeeeep. My friend and I have been going for these 3 days and tomorrow she's going out of town. That means my first test has come: do I flake out and not go tomorrow and pretend it's a recovery day? HECK NO. Unfortunately, as pumped as I am in this moment, it doesn't last when my eyes are still full of sand. So thank you everyone who sets their eyes on this: I can't fail with another excuse. I didn't think I would be so determined, to not show up and say, "Day X: nothing." That horrifies me. I know this is my huge challenge, but just knowing that one person is reading this is enough for me to make sure that I don't quit. It seems as though I have issues with needing to prove myself, but maybe for once it won't be in vain.

What was different about today was I have the lingering thought that 30 minutes, 3 days a week is adequate exercise. It is, perhaps if I were already slim and healthy, and participated in sports or something. 'But I have 200 lbs to lose to fall into my ideal BMI range. TWO HUNDRED POUNDS. That is more than an obese person to lose off of this obese person. So that's why I'm trying not to focus on the huge goal, and just take it a day at a time. I'm already looking forward to writing about Day 4. This is some great motivation--knowing there is another day that I have to account for.

I am physically tired. Another big day of exercise has left me feeling drained. I was on the bench at the gym resting in between sets of shoulder presses, and I felt as if I could literally fall asleep right there. This happened last time as I remember. For the first few weeks, I'm prepared to be exhausted. My 'new body' is going to go through a ton of changes and the exercise is the laborious work on top of the work my body's not consciously doing. I'm prepared to try to get over 8 hours of sleep each night. You need that repair time everyday. So off to bed with me!

Meals
14 chicken wings (medium and honey garlic) l/o from wings night on Tuesday
1 tbsp blue cheese dressing
2 cups of water

1 large bowl (2 servings) of Honey Nut Cheerios
1 cup of skim milk
huge sliced diameter of watermelon (2 servings)

1-Chocolate chip Fibre 1 fibre bar
2 cups of water

3 cups of water at the gym

large salad of romaine lettuce (2 cups), tomatoes and cucumbers (1/2 cup)-(3 servings)
1 tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch dressing
1 cup of whole wheat spaghetti
4 oz lean ground beef meat balls with onion & olives
Ragu spaghetti sauce (cheese and mushroom)
1 slice of garlic toast
2 cups of water

Exercise
17 minutes on elliptical
36 minutes on treadmill
35 minutes upper body free weights/machines
20 minutes abs and stretching

Notes:
-Breakfast was really crappy this morning. I started eating the wings because they were easy and there, and I thought I shouldn't do it, but I did anyway. I figured, at least I'm getting protein--ha! Not going to happen again. I did waaay better on cutting out the fat from all the cheese overload yesterday. I only got 5 fruits and veg, but at least I got 5. Still have too many carbs (when I say carbs I mean breads and cereals group--complex carbs are good for you--I am not worried about my carb intake so much as trying to make sure I get a balanced diet and not overdo the breads & cereals--trying to get more fruits and vegetables). They aren't apparent until the end of the day. That's something I'll have to be more diligent about!
-Exercise was as awesome as usual. Spending 2 hours a day at the gym should show something soon. I don't think I'm overdoing it, as it seems alright and when you're this fat, the more the better. You'll notice I only did 17 minutes on the elliptical. I was going to change it up today but after 17 minutes my ankle was hurting so badly I could not push through. I hate the treadmill but unless I go swim in my fat suit, this is the only cardio that feels good on my ankle right now. Such is life.



2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had another great day! still very proud of you! you are such a strong women! you really inspire me to get healthy for myself and my family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, thanks Tara! So far this has been helping me out so amazingly. I'm already planning my speech echoing cliche words for the day I reach my goal: "If I can do it, anyone can." What a huge premonition to live up to, but maybe I'll be one of them. I'm determined to be. You've inspired me as well. You did amazingly well during your pregnancy and I remember that whenever I see you--wow, she looks so great! ;) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete