Monday, March 8, 2010

Day 266: (Week 38) 100 Day Count Down

314.2; -2 pounds since Week 34 (4 weeks ago); 34.8 total pounds lost

As you can see in this last month I've lost 2 pounds. Yikes.

It's not even a little upsetting to see that it's only 2 pounds. I'm not in denial that I worked super hard and am entitled and deserving to have lost 10 pounds or something like that. I really did not focus on myself. I know exactly why I didn't lose much. I know exactly what I did, remembering all the fast food I've eaten, the every cancellation email I wrote to my personal trainer burned into my memory. Excuses passed, I know why I'm here and I take responsibility for that. Do better today. I'm not going to wimp away on my 2 pound loss either. I moved and ate fast food for a month, and didn't work out but I lost 2 pounds anyway. Why? Probably for passing many times of fries and cokes, though not all times. Probably for ordering one hamburger instead of two, all the times. I'm not perfect. I'm not a healthy nutritionist. But I'm always conscious of my decisions and if I'm going to make bad ones, I'm going to try to make them not as bad. I don't have to be all or nothing. I can go to fast food and I can eat a salad. I'll take the salad with grilled chicken and the whole packet of dressing if it means I'm passing on the burger and fries. Maybe soon I'll talk about healthy alternatives at the drive through. I've sure had my share of practice this past month!

I'm talking about eating fast food and not working out, and what's coming to my mind is fatty on the couch packing away the greasy calories and watching TV in my yoga pants. I hope this impression is not what you're getting. I've been BUSY moving, busy eating salads with my hamburgers, and busy being active just not at the gym. This is why I was still able to lose weight, albeit not a significant drop in the bucket. So don't think because life gets busy you can throw it all away. There's still health to think about--it just wasn't my TOP priority this month. Have faith--there's no falling off the wagon anymore. Feel free to live your life making better choices and accepting failures. I hope this doesn't get tiring to hear, because it's what I've learned to be the truth and it helps me to hear it occasionally.

Today is Day 266. There's 99 days left until I've been doing this for one year. It feels like another milestone--another refreshing jolt to refocus, reflect. I have my personal training session tomorrow, something I've missed for two weeks. I think eating a healthy dinner tonight and starting tomorrow with a heavy workout will be a good way to re-energize sore jointed, bloated me. Now that the move is behind, it's time for me to move my behind!

-e

Meals
1 cup OJ extra pulp, vitamin D and calcium enriched
1 1/2 cups mixed fresh fruit (cantaloupe, blueberries, honeydew, pineapple)
2 cups of water

1 lean pork chop
1/2 can low sodium cream of chicken soup
2 TBSP non-fat sour cream
1 boiled onion
7 baby red potatoes roasted in olive oil with light garlic salt and pepper
2 cups of water

bag of M&M's

Exercise
25 minute walk dog around the block
25 minute walk dog around the block

(to be continued)

Notes
I forgot to mention since we moved in a little over a week ago, I've been getting over an hour a day of leisurely walking the dog around the block. Not having a fence for the dog to run around has required us to move more. I'm actually enjoying what I thought was going to be a real chore. I could stand not having to spend 5-10 minutes each time afterwards rinsing off his muddy paws (thanks Spring) but I'm used to it now. Normally we would play tug-of-war with him inside and take him to the dog park where I could just stand for a half hour if I wanted and let him play around. I think it's been good on B, and for Andrew and me to be able to spend more time with him. I love our new neighborhood too where I feel safer, so I imagine the fence going up in the summertime won't impede these daily walks that we're growing so fond of.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Erica, I'm so happy for you. Such a positive attitude, you're always an inspiration. Keep up the great work and enjoy your new life!=D

    ReplyDelete