Thursday, January 14, 2010

Day 213: Being Active

I had a different training session this morning. 2 out of us 3 girls cancelled this morning, so I got trained by the Ms. solo. I liked the personal attention I got because everything was at my pace--I still got worked, but I didn't feel like I had to keep up with anyone. That's kind of good and kind of bad. I did make sure to push myself just as hard. I missed the other girls because then I don't have to talk as much. I'm a listener...it's hard for me to overcome my shyness around someone I don't know well, but Ms. is so awesome, professional, and someone you can't help but feel comfortable around so it went well.

We did a tug of war, and next time, I plan to have her butt on the ground! lol Then having the ball in between us, I had to push her as hard as I could. Another exercise, I hit a weight on the heavy bag. I totally got all my aggression out and left my workout feeling so happy. I love the feeling of pushing so hard, and just using my body to get all the emotions out physically. Exercise is a good therapist. I've been stressed and Ms. picked up on that. It felt freeing to be able to release all that was inside from the past week of all this reno stress. I still missed my group though. I love the dynamic, all of us pushing hard, trying to keep up with each other (although I feel like it's me keeping up with them, but meh), and they're a fun group so I get some laughs out as well. All in all though, since I had to do this solo, I think it was the best it could have been.

So I come home before the sun is up, workout already done, and did a little "Facebooking" and had to take a nap. I got less than 5 hours of sleep the night before, and less than 7 the night before that. Make fun, but I need 7-8 hours a night still or I'm beat. When I hit that sweet spot though, I do have a wonderful, energy filled day. Sleep is important for recovery!

I've been working out less, maybe an hour 3-4 times a week on average for about a month now. It's really helped with all that fatigue I was having in the earlier days. I think I was over training, or not taking enough calories to compensate, or something. Anyway, I'm going to aim for an hour 5-6 times a week now, as I have a program Ms. gave me to follow, and I want to work out more. It's finding the time to get there.

Ms. reiterated that life will always get in the way, and we'll always have excuses to put off exercise. I get down on myself if I'm not in the gym working out. Painting, installing baseboards, hours on hours of housework count though towards activity. I guess if I'm not at the gym, I shouldn't feel bad that I didn't make it because I was working on the house from sun up to sun down. I still wish I had it in me to be at the gym. It just feels more real and I'm in control of knowing that I am working so much, and I don't have to wonder what counts and what doesn't. Anyway, so that's something I have to tell myself that I need to make sure I'm exercising or being that active everyday in whatever way. Maybe I still don't know what counts as being a healthy, "active" person. I feel like I have a lot of time to watch my shows, but I'm in the gym every other day if not more, for an hour at a time. So am I a couch potato that exercises or am I an active person that watches reasonable amounts of TV? It matters because I want to know if I'm doing enough.

I was beaming telling Ms. that I'm now down 28 pounds from when I started in mid June. That's 7 months now. As I was saying it, I started to feel badly. I wanted it to be more. It should have been more according to my plan. It's not that exciting realizing that's only 4 pounds a month. I guess it's big for me because I've never lost this much before and I'm 28 pounds down from where I was last year, when most years I gain that much. So that's a small accomplishment. I guess it's also a "healthy" rate at 1 pound per week, but it could have been double by now, and still healthy. This just means that I can work harder. I have it in me. 'And this is my real life story. I don't have what they have on The Biggest Loser. I'm not on any fad quick weight loss "diets" like the grapefruit diet, etc. I have started Weight Watchers as a means to help portion control my food intake and get that weekly support from the meetings (which has helped a LOT). But I think I'm trying to do this the healthy way, even when I forget to eat well for days at a time. It's a learning curve. It's breaking 29 years of bad habits. I can't be too hard on myself.

So the house is almost done. I have a feeling I'll be posting pictures very soon, maybe by next week. Wish us luck!

-e

-Meals
1 chocolate breakfast bar
1 banana
1 cup skim milk

3 cups of water

2 pieces of sourdough toast
1 tbsp Becel olive oil margarine
1 cup orange juice
1 cup strawberries
2 cups of water

1 meatball sub from Subway on 9 grain bread, toasted
green peppers, red onion, olives, tomatoes, 2 lines of southwest sauce
1 can green tea ginger ale

1 cup water

-Exercise
60 minutes personal training (strength and cardio)

-Notes
None

No comments:

Post a Comment