Monday, January 11, 2010

Day 210: (Week 30) Baseboards

322.0 pounds; -0 pounds this week; -27 total pounds.
Today we installed about 22 of 470 linear feet of baseboards. The picture above is the first foot, where it all started. Obviously we still need to go over and Dap the brads, but we did it and it looks pretty darn awesome for never having done it before.

For all you professionals out there, I've researched baseboard installation and have been told that we're supposed to start with the wall opposite the door and work towards the door. We're not spending time on coping, and we're mitering all the joints, so I think it's okay, no? Anyway, I can't tell the difference and I think if most people can't except for the pros, it doesn't hurt, does it? I'm very meticulous so if there are problems, be assured we'll go over it until it's done right.

I'm kind of proud of us. :) It's been fun borrowing D&A's tools. We're so grateful for handy people who have these toys, who aren't currently working on a project! We're learning a lot too, so the hands on education is priceless. I just wish we could skip the grueling trial and error lectures. sigh

Early morning, late night...time for bed.

-e

-Meals
1 cup Kashi Go Lean! Crunch
1 cup skim milk

3 mandarin oranges

1 cheese bun
2 slices of ham
1 cup spinach
1 Roma tomato
2 pickle slices
3 cups of water

1 cup strawberries

1 onion bun
3 oz lean hamburger meat
1 slice reduced fat marble cheese
1/4 cup grilled onions in olive oil
1/2 cup spinach
1/2 tomato
1 cup french style canned green beans
2 cups of water

1 cup of water

-Exercise
None

-Notes
So better meals today! 'Got in a bushel of fruits and veggies which are good. 'And exercise--are you kidding me? I spent all day working my butt off. But I will be in the gym tomorrow anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment