Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 205: Gaining Spirituality

A few hours late, but posting none-the-less!

Andrew and I are trying to be really good about filling our hours being productive, whether that's productive being busy and accomplishing work tasks, or being productive accomplishing our own interests or spending quality time together. We're trying to incorporate a more spiritual environment at home, and focusing on those goals. Although not Monday, we finally held a "formal" family home evening involving scripture study. Now having our new lesson study guides for the year, we've decided to look at our Sunday School lesson during the week to be prepared for Sundays.

It was about 2000h after all the dinner had be eaten and a show had been watched. About this time it would be pretty typical for us to keep watching another show until bedtime, or to play video games. Now I can't really say anything bad about video games in moderation. I find them enjoyable, and Andrew certainly does as well. Keeping moderation in mind, instead of doing these activities, we decided to make a little game for ourselves. From 2000h-2100h, we decided to quickly do as much house work as we could and then stop. After, we held our family home evening, and actually got ready for bed before 2300h. It was a nice change to feel like we didn't have to spend all night working on the house, but that we got some done; but then we got some scripture study time in, and some good family time in as well--so much more accomplished, and in bed earlier than normal. This was how I like my free time! Being enjoyably productive without the stress of needing to be productive, and then falling asleep for a full night's rest.

I lived 21 years without allowing the Lord truly in my life. The more I allow the spirit in, the better I feel. I've lived both ways--with and without religion. I can't tell you how much more my life is fulfilled and I'm more easily able to cope with adversity now with it. So my spiritual choice is believing in a loving, Heavenly Father, with scriptural principles that guide my life. I also like to do yoga and take strength from being in tune with my body and my quiet, inner self. I believe everyone has the choice to choose whatever spiritual belief system they want to use to guide themselves in this life, but having that belief system and acknowledgment of a higher power beyond ourselves, I think is one key into being a whole, functional person. For me, I can honestly and truly say my life has never been better than this day and I expect tomorrow to be better than today. I am grateful that Jesus died on the cross for me, that I might return to Heaven and be with my family for eternity.

May each of us find that inner light guiding our paths to seek out that higher power; to know what is true in guiding only ourselves, and accepting--not judging--our neighbors; and to live righteous and joyful lives through peace on earth.

-e

-Meals
1 bowl of multi grain Cheerios
1 cup skim milk

4 wint-o-green Life Savers
1-100 calorie Reece wafer bar
2 cups of water

17 tortilla chips
1/2 cup kidney beans
1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup salsa
2 cups of water

1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 yellow bell pepper
each stuffed with:
1/3 cup brown rice
1/4 cup chickpeas
onions, celery, parsley, tomato paste
1/6 cup shredded light mozzarella cheese
2 cups of water

3 lemon coconut digestive crackers
1 cup of water

-Exercise
None

-Notes
Before we ate our healthy stuffed bell peppers, someone suggested next time we stuff them with bacon, blue cheese, and mushrooms...mmmmm, how delicious would that be? If I can think up enough stuffing and add the bacon & blue cheese as condiments, we might have ourselves the yummiest stuffed bell pepper in the world...maybe like cauliflower used as a filler? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment